The Welland Recreational Canal Corporation strongly believes in utilizing the Recreational Waterway and its events as an educational tool. Already having an established relationship with many levels of the education system, we strive to create a learning environment and in the field workplace shadowing to further enhance the students' experience.
There are many benefits to choosing the Welland Recreational Canal Corporation as hands-on experience in the field:
- Opportunity to spend one-on-one time shadowing a supervisor
- Establish working relationships with key organizations in the field
- Hands-on experience in all aspects of flatwater events or music concerts
- Work on tasks in both an individual and group capacity
- Valued member of the team
We welcome all inquires and are constantly looking to work with students.
For more information on how you can join our Welland Recreational Canal Corporation family,
please click here to contact our offices.
"This past summer interning with the WRCC was an experience of a lifetime. I had the opportunity to take an active role in the planning and execution of the 2013 Junior and Under 23 Canoe Sprint World Championships and national rowing events. If you are looking for an internship in event planning and management, the WRCC is a great organization to consider."
- Brittany Bilsborough, Canoe Niagara 2013 Event Services Assistant
Program: Sport Administration, Laurentian University
Check Out More Ways to Get Involved!